The covers have been over me for years.
Slowly, they've been stripped off of me...allowing me to breathe, to feel the fresh air and see the light....
But...complete exposure is set on me soon.
I know I need to let go and let God...but my human frailty shudders at the possible consequences.
Shall I bare my heart, for all to see, in its ugliness and its beauty?
I already made that decision...and I'm scared and nervous, but in my weakness, His power is perfected.
I know that when I get on the stage, I will say my part and God will speak for the rest of the time.
But I'm scared because my human heart is weak. It can't bare to see people looking at me differently, to see the people that have looked up to me for years change their opinion of me.
I'm scared of judgement. My mind knows that the only judgement that I should be fearful of, is that of the Lord. But my weak human heart trembles at my friends turning their backs on me, my sisters to look at me with disdain and my brothers casting me off.
I must remind myself of His revelations to me. I must recall, that there is nothing I could do to make Him Love me less...and His Love is everything that I need.
Lord God, as I prepare to speak and share, I pray for strength in You. I pray Lord that my faith in your everlasting Love is strengthened tenfold. I pray that as I ready my heart for this exposure, that at least one person will see You, and only You. I shall overcome my fear for You Lord, through You, for the sake of that one person who's life You may choose to change. Lord, I do this, not out of selfishness nor any desire for glory....
I do this simply because You've asked. I do this because I Love You. I do this because someone out there could share my life's story. I do this because I know that despite whatever I say, You will always speak louder than I ever can...and that my heart, scarred and bruised as it may be, is beautiful because You reside in me.
Lord, I ask this through Your son, with Your Queen, Mother Mary's, intercession....
Lord, thank You for answering my prayers...the ones I speak in the silence of my heart, the ones I yearn for in my deepest core, and the ones I have yet to realize. Thank You, for I know that as soon as a prayer enters my heart, You have already granted it, in Your Son's holy name.
I don't really know what disdain means, but I'm assuming it's not good..
ReplyDeleteI don't think anyone would ever change their view on you. You're a wonderful woman of God, a perfect example of how a person should strive to be like our Lord Jesus or like Mother Mary. Surely if you open your heart, God will speak through you, using you as His instrument, and how will you go wrong with that? Definitely God will speak through you, as He always has.
You're an inspiration, and a blessing. Don't ever forget that! :) Sister love forever! I'm positive through you, He'll touch many hearts!